Wednesday, August 19, 2009

MY FIRST TREKKING EXPERIENCE


It was one year back. Actually I’d a plan for a backpack trip. As a beginner, its a great risk to travel alone, especially to wild areas. At last I got a chance. From office we arranged one trip to Wayanad.
I was really excited about the trip .. huge backpack on my back…wearing trekking outfit…. was dreaming a lot.
This dream may be the outcome of my keen inner desire. Quest for travel follows my dreams too. I love to travel….but not alone. Its not because of the fear of safety…just imagine, if we are sharing our pleasure with loving someone (don’t limit this to lover or life partner. Think wide) sure the result will be double. But our companion should carry the same spirit. Otherwise journey will be a nightmare.
Ok…coming back to the story. After visiting many places, we reached at Edakkal cave.
Actually I was little bit tired of long bus journey. I didn’t have much expectation.
Then we started trekking without any safety measures. When I was 7 years old I went to Sabarimala. This was the only experience I’d. But it was easy as walking in street. I didn’t feel that I did something adventurous.
Within 1-2 kms so many girls left the plan. They sat beside and took rest. This made me more confident. In middle climbing became tough. I tied my sandals with my chunni and hung it around my neck. All my team were encouraging me.. because I was the only girl in that team. It was not that easy job. Believe me…its not self boasting. Anyway we reached on top….coming down was difficult than climbing up.
I was so excited…may be because of first experience. It was an overwhelming experience. I’m making blueprint for more adventurous trips…I don’t know when it will happen. But sure it will happen.

2 comments:

Vivek Krishna said...

What was the dream about..not very clear...

But one thing is for sure.. Wayanad is a very nice place to visit (not because it is my native place)

I've visited many other hill areas but nothing matches my wayanad.

There are other places also to see. Pookkod lake, Thirunelli, Bhanasura sagar dam..etc..etc..

Bindhu Unny said...

Hope you still enjoyed being in Edakkal Caves.
No more treks after that?
Keep posting...
:)
(www.travelwithacouple.com)